Aindrila Sharma (1997-2022) was an Indian actress. She primarily worked in Bengali cinema. She also worked as a social media influencer and model. She was known for appearing in Bangla television serials and web series. On 20 November 2022, she died of a brain stroke.
Aindrila Sharma was born on Wednesday, 5 February 1997 (age 25 years; at the time of death) in Kolkata, West Bengal. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She completed her school education at Maharani Kashishari Girls High School, Baharampur, West Bengal. Later, she completed her graduation at Victoria Institution (College), Kolkata, West Bengal.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Uttam Sharma, who works as a professional doctor. Her mother’s name is Shikha Sharma, who is a homemaker.
Her elder sister, Aishwarya Sharma, is a doctor.
She was unmarried at the time of her death.
She was in a relationship with Sabyasachi Chowdhury since 2015. He is a well-known Bengali actor and writer.
Aindrila Sharma marked her acting debut with the Bengali television serial Jhumur in 2017.
The serial was aired on Colors Bangla. Later, Aindrila Sharma appeared in several television serials like Jibon Jyoti and Ami didi no. 1. She came into the limelight with the television serial Jiyon Kathi in which she played the character of Jahnabi Chatejee (Tuli).
Aindrila Sharma was cast in the television serial “Ami didi no. 1” in 2021.
She then appeared in a musical video titled Tui Chhara Nei Kichhui. Apart from being an actress, she also worked as a content creator and entrepreneur.
- According to Aindrila Sharma, she wished to become an actress since childhood. Later, she received motivation from veteran Bengali actress Suchitra Sen to join the entertainment industry while watching Suchitra on television. In a media talk, she disclosed that the television actor Prosenjit Chatterjee was her icon. In the same discussion, she added that Saptapadi and 3 Idiots were her favourite films.
- In 2018, Aindrila Sharma talked about her favourite subjects in the school in a media conversation. She stated that she used to love geography subject. She said,
During her school days, she used to love geography and hate history. She told us, “I used to hate History because we had a ‘khadoos’ teacher.”
- A prominent Bengali magazine ‘Aparajita’ featured Aindrila Sharma on its cover in 2021.
- According to some media sources, Aindrila Sharma survived cancer in the middle of the year 2022. She shared a picture on her Instagram account along with her father and captioned it that her father shaved his head to show his love and support for her during her cancer treatment.
- After recovering from cancer, Aindrila Sharma suffered a brain stroke on 1 November 2022 following which she was admitted to a local hospital in Kolkata. It was reported on 15 November 2022 that she suffered multiple heart attacks following which she was kept on ventilator support. She was given CPR by the doctors. Doctors claimed on 17 November 2022 that some blood clots had developed in her brain.
- Aindrila Sharma was the recipient of the Tele Academy award in 2022 for her contribution to the television industry.
- According to Aindrila Sharma, dancing, listening to songs, and watching movies were her favourite pastime activities.
- Aindrila Sharma was an avid dog lover. The names of her pet dogs are Bozo and Tuntun. She frequently shared pictures and videos of her pets on various social media platforms.
- She was known for her beauty and sense of style, and she walked down the runway for various fashion designers.
- Aindrila Sharma liked to enjoy alcoholic beverages occasionally. She loved red wine. Aindrila’s Instagram Post
- Aindrila Sharma was nominated for the Bengali Leadership award in 2022.
- Sabyasachi Chowdhury, her boyfriend, shared an emotional note on 16 November 2022 on social media and urged Aindrla’s fans to pray for good health and life. He wrote,
I never thought that I would write this here. However, today is the day. Pray for Aindrila. Pray for a miracle. Pray for the supernatural. She is fighting against all odds, beyond human (sic).”