Adam Hugill is an English actor who is best known for playing the lead role of Constable Carrot Ironfoundersson in the fantasy television series ‘The Watch’ (2020).
Adam Hugill was born on Tuesday 22 July 1997 (age 24 years; as of 2021), and he hails from Yorkshire, England. At the age of twelve, he first got interested in acting after attending a two-week summer acting course with his sister. Soon, one of his teachers noticed his potential and encouraged him to become an actor. Furthermore, his teacher also helped him to apply to drama school in London. In an interview, while talking about his teacher Hugill said,
He nurtured me throughout my teens…He took me to see the regional theatre. He took me to the Royal Shakespeare Company and showed me movies.”
Adam was a proficient rugby player during his teenage days. At the age of 17, he went on a rugby tour in Cape Town, South Africa. In 2015, he enrolled himself in a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Professional Acting at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA).
Height (approx.): 6′
Hair Color: Ash Brown
Eye Color: Grey
Adam Hugill’s elder sister’s name is Jessica Hugill.
After completing his graduation in 2018, in the same year, he starred in the short film ‘Angel.’
Adam Hugill played the role of Jimmy in the 2019 theatrical production ‘Standing at the Sky’s Edge,’ staged at Crucible Theatre in Sheffield, England. The play earned the title of Best Musical Production at UK Theatre Awards (2019). The musical begins in 1961 and narrates the story of three families over sixty years living in Park Hill, a council housing estate in Sheffield.
He made his television debut with the 2019 American crime series ‘Pennyworth’ in which he played the role of a junior detective named Jack.
He played the role of Vic in the critically-acclaimed British war drama series ‘World on Fire’ (2019). He gained recognition after starring in the 2019 Oscar-nominated British war film ‘1917’ in which he played the role of Private Atkins.
He played the role of Kayden in the 2020 film ‘How to Stop a Recurring Dream.’
In 2020, Hugill appeared in the British horror film ‘The Banishing,’ as Frank Peerless. He struck stardom with the fantasy police procedural series ‘The Watch’ in which he played the role of Constable Carrot, an idealistic new human recruit raised by dwarves. The series features a fictional city named Ankh-Morpork, where a group of misfit cops rise up from decades of helplessness to save their corrupt city from catastrophe.
- Film: Rust and Bone (2012)
- Actress: Marion Cotillard
- Actor: Matthias Schoenaerts
- Singer: Nick Cave
- Tea house: Hawnby Tea Room
- Adam Hugill was featured in the list of “20 On-the-Rise Performers You Need to Know in 2021.”
- The lead role of Jimmy in the musical ‘Standing at the Sky’s Edge’ earned Hugill the title of Best Actor in a Musical Award at The Stage Debut Awards (2019).
- Hugill is a tea enthusiast. In an interview, while sharing his favourite memory, he said,
My fondest memories are being sick to the stomach from drinking far too much tea on a December’s night in a freezing cold, flagstone-floored sitting room with only a small electric heater to keep us warm. HEAVEN.”
- Apparently, the sources indicate that Adam Hugill has joined the cast of Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.’ He is likely to play the role of Rintrah, an alien minotaur who possesses magic powers in Marvel Comics.
- Adam Hugill came across the news that he has secured a leading part in ‘The Watch’ (2020) on his 22nd birthday.