Chase Stokes is an American actor who rocketed to fame after appearing as “John B” in the Netflix web series “Outer Banks” (2020).
Chase Stokes was born on Wednesday, September 16, 1992 Decider (age 28 years; as in 2020) in Annapolis, a city in Maryland, US. His zodiac sign is Virgo. Most of his childhood was spent in South Florida. After his schooling from Timber Creek High School, Orlando in Florida in 2010, he attended Valencia College from where he graduated with an Association of Arts degree in 2012. In 2015, he earned an MBA degree from the University of Central Florida. Gossip Gist While in college, he also did the job as a salesman at a local fitness facility in Florida, and for a short period, he even worked in an IT firm. Chase considers Orlando as his hometown.
Height (approx.): 6’ 1”
Eye Colour: Hazel Brown
Hair Colour: Medium Ash Blond
Family & Ethnicity
Chase Stokes comes from a white American family.
Parents & Siblings
Chase Stokes was born to Jeff Stokes and Jennifer Canning.
His father is the president of STRIDE franchise LLC.
Soon, his parents divorced each other, and later, his father got married to Nicki Osterman Stokes (Niki) who is a psychologist and Chase Stokes’ step-mother.
He has a brother named Kaden Stokes, and a sister named Kendall Nicole Stokes; both are from his father’s second marriage. He has three more siblings – Evan Walker, Rylie Walker, and Griffin Walker.
Relationships, Girlfriend & Affairs
Reportedly, he was in a relationship with a girl named Xio Montalvo.and they split in 2017. PopBuzz
He was passionate about acting since his childhood. After completing his graduation, he started giving auditions for films and television serials, and finally, managed to act in a short film, Lost Island (2015); his debut television series.
Thereafter, he appeared in the television serial “Base” (2015) in which he played the role of ‘Ethan Terri.’
His first noticeable performance appeared in the Netflix series “Stranger Things” (2016) as ‘Reed.’
He made his film debut with “Between Waves” (2018) as ‘Young Dale.’
Then, he appeared in The First (2018), The Beach House (2018), One Of Us Is Lying (2019), and Tell Me Your Secrets (2019). His breakthrough came in 2020 when he appeared in the Netflix series “Outer Banks” in which he was seen as ‘John B.’ It was premiered on April 15, 2020, on Netflix
- Actor(s): Keanu Reeves, Tom Cruise, Ryan Gosling, Johny Depp
- Sport: Ice Hockey
- Film(s): Pulp Fiction (1994), Uncut Gems (2019)
- Leader: Martin Luther King, Jr.
- He was raised by his biological mother, Jennifer Canning, and it was Jennifer who landed him $100 to get to the auditions of Netflix projects.
- He likes traveling and swimming.
- He is a dog lover and owns a dog named Jack.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and goes to the gym regularly.
- Chase is often seen sipping alcohol with his friends on several occasions.
- Before becoming an actor, he worked as a lifeguard at Orlando Country Club for almost four years.
- Stokes has also done modeling for Abercrombie & Fitch.
- Initially, Stokes wasn’t interested in doing the role of John B in Outer Banks; as he thought that it was going to be a reboot of Goonies. In an interview, he admitted,
I thought it was a Goonies reboot. The description said ‘Four friends on a treasure hunt,’ and I thought, I don’t want to be a part of ruining The Goonies.” People
- Soon after his arrival in Charleston in South Carolina to meet the creators of Outer Banks and the rest of its cast, Stokes was put into a rigorous training, like scuba diving, swimming, and driving boats. He explained it in an interview,
I grew up on the water, so I knew how to surf and knew how to drive boats.”
- While shooting for Outer Banks, Chase had become good friends with the rest of its cast, and he enjoyed a lot along with them at various shooting locations. While sharing the experience, he says,
It felt like we were cheating the system. Like a bunch of friends making a TV show. It was the most mind-boggling, insanely euphoric experience I’ve ever had in my life.”
- The on-screen chemistry between Chase Stokes and Madelyn Cline who plays his love interest in Outer Banks has been liked by the audience a lot. In an interview, while talking about Madelyn Cline, Stokes said,
I mean she was an incredible partner with whom to work across from and she’s got a bit of a deep soul and she cares about her work. So to work with somebody who is also very passionate about what she does and to be able to share that and want to stay true to the authentic love story with her is a lot of fun.”
- He is a music lover, and in his leisure time, he loves to play the guitar. In an interview, he revealed that he always keeps Bluetooth speakers in his room.
- Chase is also the founder and CEO of the Creative Movement Group.
- In his childhood, he wanted to pursue his career in sports; especially in his favorite sport – Ice Hockey. However, he quit the idea after having several injuries. In fact, his personal motto is inspired by an ice hockey coach who once told him –
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
- During the Corona outbreak in 2020, Chase Stokes was locked in a quarantine center in Los Angeles along with his costars of Outer Banks. While talking about his quarantine experience through a video call, he said,
I’m doing a lot of self-reflection and meditation, so stillness, being present with my own consciousness. I deal with anxiety myself, so this has been a great time to hone in on that anxiety and find out where it’s coming from, what it’s created from and learning how to cope with it and move forward in life.”
References [ + ]