Vidyut Jammwal is an Indian model and an actor. He is an action hero who is popularly known as ‘The New Age Action Hero of Bollywood’. Here in this article, you will get full information about him. Let’s get to know more about Vidyut.
Vidyut Jammwal is a 40 years-old actor and model was born on 10 December 1980 in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. He was brought up in Jammu & Kashmir, India. His family and friends fondly call him ‘Singu’.
His father was an army officer and hence, Vidyut travelled a lot during his childhood due to his father’s regular transfers.
At the tender age of 3, he started his martial arts training (Kalaripayattu) in an ashram in Palakkad, Kerala. He has a Degree in Martial Arts.
Vidyut always carries an outrageous style with him. He has sculpted the athletic body with a tall height of 5’ 11”, 80 kg weight and 44″ chest, 32″ waist, and 18″ biceps. His eyes are brown and hair are black.
He is a fitness freak and has six-pack abs. He follows a hard workout routine, as he does 5 days of martial art training, 2 days of weight training (6 – 7 hours/day), which includes warm-ups, running/ sprinting, pull-ups, squats, handstand walks, upper body workout that includes roman rings, parallel bars, and push-ups.
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Vidyut was born in a Hindu Rajput family. His father passed away when he was a child and his mother, Vimla Jammwal is a former Miss Jammu & Kashmir. He has a sister.
Vidyut was in a relationship with famous TV star Mona Singh but they both broke up and he is an unmarried as of now.
Till the age of 13, he attended Ashram in Palakkad, Kerala and the rest of his schooling is from the Army Public School, Dagshai, Himachal Pradesh.
He started his acting career, in 2011, with the Bollywood movie ‘Force’ (a remake of the Tamil film ‘Kaaka Kaaka’) for which he won the Filmfare Award in the categories of ‘Best Male Debut’ and ‘Most Promising Debut for 2012’.
After the huge success of ‘Force’, he worked in a Telugu film ‘Shakti’ in the same year.
In 2012, he made his debut in Tamil cinema with the movie ‘Billa II’.
He has appeared in many South Indian movies like ‘Anjaan’, ‘ Bullett Raja’, ”Yaara’, ‘ Anjaan’, ‘Oosaravelli’ etc.
‘Commando’ is one of his hit movies with which he earned a lot of popularity in the South Indian Cinema. journalist and film critic Taran Adarsh mentioned about Vidyut in his review, “Commando (movie) clearly belongs to Vidyut and the liberty of watching him crushing everything and everyone in sight leaves you tongue-tied. By doing the stunts without a body double or cables, he fits into the definition of India’s Next Gen action hero without a hitch. He’s a fine actor too, although it’s the action that takes precedence over histrionics here”.
In 2013, he appeared as a commando (Purvi’s friend) in the crime based TV show ‘CID’ and in 2017, he was an anchor in the ‘Ultimate Beastmaster’.
In 2016, he was seen in the music videos ‘Tumhe Dillagi’ of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and ‘Gal Ban Gayi’ of Neha Kakkar, Yo Yo Honey Singh, Meet Bros, and Sukhbir.
He won many awards and accolades for his excellent work in the film industry. His winning awards are- Zee Cine Awards, SIIMA Award, Stardust Awards, FICCI Frames, and Filmfare Award.
Apart from acting, he is also a brilliant model and has regularly been featured on the Prominently featured on the List of Most Desirable Men, Prominently featured on the List of Chennai’s Most Desirable Men by The Times of India/Zoom, Prominently featured on the List of Sexiest Men Alive by People Magazine India, Top 5 Fittest Men by Men’s Health magazine India and many more. He has walked the ramp for many famous fashion designers and popular brands.
In 2013, when a reporter asked him about his girlfriend Mona Singh’s morphed MMS, he got angry and in reply, he said, “I think men like you promote such things. People like you talk about these things, see them. Indian men should not support vulgarity in any form”.
- Doing gymnastics, acrobatics, street stunts and tricking are his hobbies.
- He likes to eat Tofu Paneer, Gulab Jamun, Bhel Puri, and Pani Puri.
- His favourite celebrities are- M. G. Ramachandran, Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan, Hrithik Roshan, Sunil Shetty, Salman Khan, Huma Qureshi, Nargis Fakhri, and Shruti Haasan.
- He likes to watch Bollywood movie ‘Singh is Kinng’, Hollywood movie ‘Robocop’, and Chinese movies ‘Police Story’ and ‘Enter The Dragon’.
- N. Lingusamy, AR Murugadoss, Prabhudeva, Shankar, SS Rajamouli, Dibakar Banerjee, Imtiaz Ali, Anurag Kashyap, Vipul Shah, and Tigmanshu Dhulia are his favourite film directors.
- In his free time, he listens to the song ‘Lutt Jawan’ from the movie ‘Commando’.
- He likes to spend his holidays in Rishikesh.
Salary & Net Worth
Vidyut earns nearly Rs. 1-2 crore per film. His net worth is estimated to be $1 million.
- He has participated in martial arts competitions across 30 countries and even teaches self-defence techniques to college-going girls, working professionals, and weekly gives training at the temple.
- In 2011, he came to Mumbai for doing martial arts, but luckily he came to know about the auditions going on for the Bollywood movie ‘Force‘, where he went and got selected.
- Earlier, he was a non-vegetarian, but in 2012, he turned vegetarian and was named ‘PETA’s hottest vegetarian of 2013′.
- In 2015, he got an offer to play the role of Salman Khan’s younger brother in the movie ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ but he denied because of date issues.
- He is a rock climber.
- He is a devotee of Lord Hanuman. He also visited the Shaolin Temple in China to worship the Lord Budha.
- He has a Jaguar car.