Tamannaah Bhatia is an Indian actress who predominantly works in the Tamil and Telugu Film Industries. She is popularly known as the “Milk Beauty,” because of her white complexion. Tamannaah is the ex-girlfriend of the Indian cricketer, Virat Kohli.
Tamannaah Bhatia was born on Thursday, 21 December 1989 (age 29 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She took an interest in acting and dancing at a very young age. Her real name is near Tamanna Bhatia but after consulting a numerologist, she changed the spelling of her name Tamanna to Tamannaah and dear called her by the nicknames ‘Tammy’ and ‘Milk Beauty’.
She did her schooling from Maneckji Cooper Education Trust School, Mumbai and graduation in Bachelor of Arts (Distance Education) from National College, Mumbai.
She received many nominations for her work in the movies. In 2017, she received “Dayawati Modi” Award which is among the highest awards in India in the field of Art, Culture, and Education. She also received an Honorary Doctorate from CIAC, in association with KEISIE International University, South Korea for her contributions to Indian cinema.
She is quite attractive and beautiful with her perfect figure of 32-26-35. Her silky black hair and beautiful hazel eyes add more charm to her look. She weighs around 55 kg and her height is approximately 5′ 5.” She is a slim trim girl and much caring towards her fitness.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
belongs to a Punjabi family background of Sindhi descent. Her father Santhosh Bhatia is a Diamond merchant while mother Rajani Bhatia is a homemaker. She has an elder brother Anand Bhatia.
Tamannaah was in a relationship with an Indian cricketer Virat Kohli but due to some unknown reasons their relation couldn’t work and the couple got separated after a short period of their friendship.
Since the age of 13, Tamannaah has been working in the stage plays. During her school’s annual day function, she was noticed by someone who offered her a lead role. Later, she joined Prithvi Theatre in a Mumbai for a year. She has officially started her acting career after completing her +2.
In 2005, she also appeared in Abhijeet Sawant’s video album song “Lafzo Mein” from the album ‘Aapka Abhijeet’.
She started her acting career in 2005, from the Bollywood movie ‘Chand Sa Roshan Chehra’.
After that, she started working in Tamil and Telugu films. Some of her movies are Tamil movies are Ayan, Paiyaa, Siruthai, Veeram, Dharma Durai, Devi, Sketch and Telugu films- 100% Love, Thadaka, Baahubali: The Beginning, Bengal Tiger, and Baahubali 2: The Conclusion, etc.
After working for South Indian movies, she again came back in Bollywood movies. She has appeared in the ‘Himmatwala’, ‘Humshakals’, ‘Entertainment ‘, etc.
‘Himmatwala’ was her first commercial movie in Bollywood, met a disastrous end at the box office, she was given good roles in movies.
In addition to acting, she has also done print shoots, modeling, ramp walk, ad campaigns, TVC ads of leading brands.
Now, she works for Telugu, Tamil and Hindi languages movies. She has acted nearly 60 films in three different languages.
- After +2, she continued her further education through distance education mode.
- Initially, her fans thought that Tamannaah migrated from South Indian film industry to North India, but she started her career with the Hindi film ‘Chand Sa Roshan Chehra’, which went unnoticed at the box office.
- Her acting was first recognized in 2006, from her debut Telugu film ‘Sri’.
- After disappointing from Telugu Film Industry, she moved herself to Tamil industry, where she became an instant hit and after that, she again back to Telugu industry and earned popularity.
- In an interview, she gave a statement that she would not wear a bikini on screen.
- She is a big fan of Madhuri Dixit, Mahesh Babu, and Hrithik Roshan.
- She is one of the highest paid actresses in South Indian cinema.
- Tamannaah is a hot favorite actress in the Sajid Khan productions.
- She likes to eat Biryani.
- She likes to spend her holidays mostly in Paris, Dubai, and Kashmir.
- She is fond of watching movies. Some of her favorite movies lists are as follows:
Bollywood Films: Mughal-E-Azam, Dil To Pagal Hai, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Hollywood Films: Titanic, Life is Beautiful, Erin Brockovich
Tollywood: Anand (Telugu)
- Red and Blue are her favorite colors.