Pooja Sharma is a famous Indian actress. She has appeared in a couple of Hindu mythological shows. Let’s look into the life of Pooja Sharma in more detail.
Pooja was born on 12 July 1989 (29 years; as in 2018) in Delhi, India. She was always fascinated by acting. Pooja Sharma shot to fame after playing the role of Draupadi in the mythological TV serial Mahabharat. During the beginning of her career, she did a sports-based talk show for Doordarshan. Since then there has been no looking back for Pooja.
Pooja is approximately 5′ 7” tall and weighs 55 kg. She has dark brown eyes and black hair.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She belongs to a middle-class Brahmin family. Her family has always been a big support in establishing her acting career and they are always excited to see her on the screen. Pooja Sharma has one brother.
She did her graduation in commerce (B.Com.) from University of Delhi, New Delhi. She used to participate in many debates and dramatics. During her college days, she was selected for a sports-based talk show for Doordarshan India. She was also the anchor of some of the famous shows which aired on DD National and Zoom. In 2006, she participated in the Femina Miss India 2006 beauty contest and she was among the top 10 finalists.
After completing her studies, she started working as a model and walked the ramp during various events. She made her acting debut in 2012 with the TV serial Teri Meri Love Stories as Sia Bhel. After that show, she got a lead role of Draupadi in the mythological TV serial Mahabharat which got her huge fame. She made a special appearance in some TV serials like Ajab Gajab Ghar Jamai in 2014 and Dosti… Yaariyan… Manmarziyan.
In 2017, she got the lead role of Mahakali in the popular mythological TV serial Mahakali– Anth hi Aarambh hai which streamed on Colors TV.
- Pooja Sharma likes to eat Chinese cuisine.
- Her favourite movie is Gandhi.
- She likes to read The Power by Rhonda Byrne and The Secret by Rhonda Byrne.
- Bulleh Shah and Gulzar are her all-time favorite writers.
- Her hobbies include yoga, traveling, and dancing.
- It used to take her around 2-3 hours every day to dress up for the role of Draupadi because of the heavy costumes and jewellery which weighed nearly 25 kg.
- She is good friends with TV actors Aishwarya Sakhuja and Sehban Azim.