Aditya Prateek Singh Sisodia is an Indian rapper, singer, and music composer who works in Bollywood and Punjabi music industry. He came into the limelight with his Punjabi song “Saturday Saturday.”
Badshah was born on 19 November 1985 (age 33 years; as in 2018) in New Delhi. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. He was educated in Bal Bharti school, Pitampura. He enrolled himself in St. Stephen’s College, Delhi to pursue his graduation but moved out of the college after one month. He, then, relocated to Chandigarh and joined PEC University, Chandigarh to pursue a degree in Civil Engineering. He was a studios child and had a great interest in Mathematics. He aspired to become an IAS officer. Badshah was passionate about music from a very young age. He was a part of his school’s music choir. It was during his college days that he was exposed to music and started writing songs and raps.
Height (approx.): 5’ 10”
Weight (approx.): 84 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements: Chest 42″, Waist 34″, Biceps 16″
Family, Caste & Wife
Badshah belongs to a Hindu Family. His father belongs to Haryana and mother belongs to Punjab. He has a younger sister, Aprajita.
Badshah got married to Jasmine and has a daughter, Jessemy Grace Masih Singh, who was born on 11 January 2017.
Badshah started his career as a rapper in 2006 alongside Honey Singh with the band ‘Mafia Mundeer.’ His first rap was in the song “Soda Whiskey” in 2007. He collaborated with Yo Yo Honey Singh for the songs like “Khol Botal” and “Begani Naar.” In 2012, he rapped in the hit song “Get Up Jawani” from the album International Villager, after which he separated his ways from Honey Singh and Mafia Mundeer. In the same year, he released his song “Saturday Saturday” with Indeep Bakshi. It was his first song in which he wrote the lyrics, composed the music, and did rapping all by himself. The song was a huge hit and later, taken up for the Bollywood film “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania.” Next, he released his independent Haryanvi song “Kar Gayi Chull” which was adopted in the Bollywood film ‘Kapoor & Sons.’ His music has also featured in the film ‘Khoobsurat,’ ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan,’ ‘Sanam Re,’ ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil,’ ‘Veere Di Wedding,’ and ‘Nawabzaade.’
Badshah has collaborated with many Punjabi artists like Gippy Grewal, Diljit Dosanjh, Manj Musik, Raftaar, and Aastha Gill among others, to give hit numbers. His debut single “DJ Waley Babu” was one of the top-ranked songs which topped the i-tunes charts within 24 hours of its release. The song received 1 million views within 30 hours of its release. In 2016, he released the song “Wakhra Swag” in collaboration with Navv Inder. The following year, his single “Mercy” also turned out to be a huge hit which crossed millions of views within few hours of its release.
Badshah attracted controversy for his war of words with Yo Yo Honey Singh. It all happened when Singh made his comeback in the industry with the film ‘Zorawar.’ While he was on a promotional tour for his film, a reporter asked Honey Singh his take on Badshah taking over his place in the Bollywood, to which Honey replied- “Rolls Royce chalayi hai aapne kabhi, Rolls Royce or Nano mein bhot farak hota hai.” Badshah, too responded to the singer’s comments saying that one can find Nano more on roads than Rolls Royce and that whatever is great in public’s eyes is sold more. The cold war took an ugly turn when the two apparently got into a fight at a party thrown by one of their close friends. It all started from a heated argument and resulted in the singers manhandling each other.
- Food: Punjabi Cuisine
- Actors: Kevin Hart, Shah Rukh Khan
- Singers: A.R. Rahman, Eminem
- Director: Karan Johar
- Song: Mera Dil Bhi Kitna Pagal Hai
- Music Composer: A. R. Rahman
- Stylist: Ranbir Kapoor
- His hobbies include watching movies, travelling, shopping, and spending time with his family.
- He is very fond of icecreams.
- Badshah used to play football in a club in Delhi. It was one day that he was casually doing a rap while playing football and the Dj of the club spotted him and asked him if he could do a rap for him in return of INR 1500. It was Badshah’s first public performance. However, he later came to know that he was performing at a gay party in a gay club.
- Although he was always passionate about music, he never thought of pursuing music professionally.
- Badshah considers Shah Rukh Khan as his inspiration.
- He neither smokes nor consumes alcohol.
- Badshah is very close to his sister, Aprajita. He revealed during an interview that his sister once stole money to buy him a pair of G.I. Joe’s action shoes because she knew that Badshah desired for them.
- Badshah was once very close to the singer, Yo Yo Honey Singh, but their friendship broke in 2012 due to some indifferences.
- He started his career in the music industry with the stage name ‘Cool Equal’ but later changed his name to ‘Badshah.’
- He adopted the screen name ‘Badshah’ because he is a huge fan of ‘Shah Rukh Khan’ and his name was inspired by Khan’s film titled “Badshah.”
- Badshah was offered a role in “Good News” alongside Akshay Kumar, but later the role went on to Diljit Dosanjh.
- He was also offered a role in the Indian anthology film “Lust Stories” but it was later played by Vicky Kaushal.
- Badshah wrote the song “Proper Patola” for the Punjabi singer, Garry Sandhu. However, things couldn’t work up between the two due to Garry’s busy schedule and Badshah himself thought of doing the song. Later, he met Diljit who found the song interesting and chose to lent his voice for the song.
- His friends and family fondly call him Prince.