Alia Bhatt is a famous Indian actress who is known for her role of Shanaya Singhania in the Bollywood film Student of the Year (2012). She is one of the highest-paid Bollywood actresses. Due to her popularity and income, she appeared on the list of Celebrity 100 in Forbes India in 2014 and she also appeared on the list of 30 Under 30 in Forbes Asia. Check out Alia Bhatt Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Husband, Biography, Facts & More.
Alia was born on 15 March 1993 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She has a British-Indian nationality. Though she hails from a filmy background, she always dreamt of becoming an actress. Her dream comes true when she got the lead role in Karan Johar’s film Student of the Year. She received several awards for her performances in the Bollywood. She has worked with so many popular actors like Sidharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan, Rishi Kapoor, Randeep Hooda, Arjun Kapoor, Varun Dhawan, Ronit Roy, Riteish Deshmukh, Shahid Kapoor, Diljit Dosanjh, Ranbir Kapoor, and Shah Rukh Khan. She also works as a model and did numerous modelling assignments. Apart from all that, she has great singing skills.
Alia is known for her stunning looks. During her teenage days, she was a chubby girl and weighed around 65 kgs, but after regular exercise and strict diet plan, she makes her fit.
She is approximately 5’3’’ tall. She has black eyes and light brown hair.
Parents & Siblings
She was born to filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt and actress Soni Razdan. Her father belongs to a Gujarati-Hindu family, and her mother belongs to a Kashmiri-German-Muslim family. She has an elder sister Shaheen Bhatt who is a writer by profession. She also has a half-sister Pooja Bhatt and a step-brother Rahul Bhatt, who works as a fitness trainer.
Husband & Children
On 14 April 2022, the couple tied the knot in an intimate ceremony at the Vastu building in Mumbai.
She started dating Ranbir Kapoor during the making of Brahmastra in 2018. Moreover, she also revealed that she had a crush on him, since the age of 11.
On 6 November 2022, she gave birth to a baby girl. India Today On 24 November 2022, she took to social media to announce the name of her daughter, Raha, which was named by Neetu Singh. NDTV
Her maternal grandfather, Narendra Razdan, died in June 2023 at the age of 94 following which she shared a heartfelt note on social media and wrote,
My grandpa. My hero. Played golf till 93. Worked till 93. Made the best omelette. Told the best stories. Played the violin. Played with his great granddaughter. Loved his cricket. Loved his sketching. Loved his family & till the very last moment.. loved his life! My heart is full of sorrow but also full of joy .. because all my grandpa did is give us joy & for that feel blessed and grateful to have been brought up by all the light he had to give! Until we meet again.”
When she was in sixth class, she had an affair with Ramesh Dubey, and when she was in eighth class, she had an affair with her very close friend Ali Dadarkar. There was also a rumoured that she had an affair with popular actor Varun Dhawan. As per the reports, she is currently dating businessman Kavin Mittal.
She did her schooling at Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai. At the age of 4, she was enrolled in Shiamak Davar’s dancing school. She made her first on-screen appearance in 1999 as a child artist in the Bollywood film Sangharsh, in which she played the role of young Preity Zinta.
In 2012, she got her first lead role as an actress in the film Student of the Year. She was signed among 400 girls who gave audition for this film. The director of this film Karan Johar offered her this role, but before that, he told her to lose her weight if she wanted to feature in this film. She was initially shocked when she heard these words from him, but she then accepted this challenge and lost around 16 kg weight in just three months. The film received positive reviews from the audience.
In 2014, she featured in a Vikas Bahl’s short film Going Home that is based on the safety of women.
She also did many other hit feature films like 2 States (2014), Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania (2014), Kapoor & Sons (2016), Dear Zindagi (2016), and Badrinath Ki Dulhania (2017).
She has also a great voice and sung several famous songs like Sooha Saha of film Highway (2014), Samjhawan Unplugged of film Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania (2014), Ikk Kudi (Club Mix) of film Udta Punjab (2016), Love You Zindagi (Club Mix) and Ae Zindagi Gale Laga Le – 2 of film Dear Zindagi (2016), and Humsafar (Alia’s version) of film Badrinath Ki Dulhania (2017). In 2022, she made her debut as a producer with the film Darlings; the film is co-produced by SRK’s Red Chillies. Filmfare
- Critics Award for Best Actress for Highway in 2015
- Best Actress Award for Udta Punjab in 2017
- Best Actress Award for Gangubai Kathiawadi in 2023
- Best Female Debut for Student of the Year by The Times of India Film Awards in 2013
- Listed in Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia in 2017
- Time100 Impact Awards in 2022
- Film: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
- TV Show: Friends (an American sitcom)
- Filmmaker(s): Sooraj Barjatya, Karan Johar
- Actor(s): Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Govinda, Leonardo DiCaprio
- Actress(es): Kareena Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut, Jennifer Lawrence
- Song: “Money On My Mind” by Sam Smith
- Musician: A. R. Rahman
- Book: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Fashion labels: Topshop and River Island
- Perfume/Scent: Bleu de Chanel (she likes mens’ fragrances)
- Travel Destination(s): Himachal Pradesh, London
- Number: 8
- Gym Exercise: Pullover
- Pet: Cats
- Colour: Red
- Restaurant: Ellipsis in Mumbai
- Food: Poha, Fish, Ragi Chips, French Fries, Rasgulla, Dahi-Chawal, Moong Dal Halwa
- Snack: Makhana Sev
- Drink: Chaas
In April 2023, she bought an apartment in the plush Pali Hill locality in Bandra. Reportedly, the 2,497 sq ft apartment cost her Rs 37.80 crore. Hindustan Times
- She is a huge fan of actress Kareena Kapoor.
- She drinks alcohol occasionally.
- Alia launched her fashion label, and her products are sold on Jabong.com, an online shopping portal.
- She also founded the ecological initiative, named, CoExist.
- She took part in numerous concert tours and stage shows.
- Alia Bhatt is an Atheist by religion.
- She loves animals and is also a member of the non-profit organization People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) who raise awareness among people about homeless animals.
- She suffers from Achluophobia, fear of darkness.
- Alia has the habit to write a diary every night.
- She loves sleeping and can sleep 14 hours at a stretch.
- She hates eating hot beverages and food.
- Alia has excellent painting skills, and till date, she has made several beautiful charcoal paintings.
- She loves to make lions painting.
- Red is her favourite colour.
- While travelling by air, she gets very nervous.
- Among all of her father’s directorial films, her favourites are Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin (1991) and Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke (1993) and want to be the part of these films.
- She is very flexible. She touches her toe to head very easily and also twist her knee clockwise.
- She always uses men’s perfume instead of using female perfumes.
- She doesn’t like candlelight dinner.
- Alia Bhatt takes an interest in dancing and tries different dance forms. Her favourite dance forms are Kathak and Ballet.
- She also takes a keen interest in playing handball.
- She is addicted to curd.
- Alia is a close friend of designer Masaba Gupta and calls their girl’s gang as Spice Girls.
- She likes to eat French Fries.
- She appeared in the AIB’s short comedy video Genius of the Year.
- Alia Bhatt has been invited by music director A.R. Rahman to become part of his music school and improve her singing skills.
- She has the dream to buy a house in London.
- She also wants to do a biographical film on the late Pakistani pop singer Nazia Hassan.
- Alia didn’t want her father direct and produce her debut film.
- She endorsed numerous brands like Coca-Cola, Maybelline, and Garnier.
- For several years, she has been shooting for Indian photographer Dabboo Ratnani’s Celebrity Calendar.
- Over the nepotism row following the suicide of Sushant Singh Rajput, she lost many followers on her Instagram. She was heavily trolled for promoting nepotism in the industry along with Karan Johar and many more personalities from the industry, including Salman Khan, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, and Ekta Kapoor. The Print
- In October 2022, she was honoured with the Time100 Impact Award at the National Gallery Singapore. NDTV
- The tap she gets on her shoulder to call her is one of her pet peeves.
- She likes online shopping over physical shopping and has an online clothing brand named Ed-a-Mamma, which she named after her cat Edward.
- Every time she is upset or irritated, she watches the American sitcom Friends to calm down. Alia says,
When I’m upset or irritated or angry, I watch an episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and I’m fine.”
- Often, Alia asks her elder sister Shaheen Bhatt strange questions, and they have a unique chemistry. On her bonding with Shaheen, Aliya says,
I have a tendency to ask a lot of strange questions to my sister and expect her to have all the answers and it’s something that I’ve done for a very long time.”
- In Alia’s opinion, she has a peculiar way of applying lipstick: She puts her mouth on the product, moves around her lips while applying it, then rubs it off. She says,
I eat my lipstick.”
- Alia Bhatt has an obsession with numbers, especially 6, 9, 1, and 8. As Ranbir Kapoor‘s mother, Neetu Kapoor, was born on 8 July 1958, Ranbir has long associated himself with the number 8. On Alia’s wedding kaleeras, the number 8 appeared as well.
- In an interview, she revealed that she was afraid of the dark and was prone to lucid dreams.
- In an interview, Alia talked about a memory book that she has been keeping since she was studying in 6th grade. She said,
I have this book called the memory book which I started filling in the 6th grade when I was 12 years old. It was from the time I was 12 to the time when I was 18 or 19. It’s full of cards, sketches and random memories. It’s very cringey but I still have it.”
- In childhood, Aliya and her friend Bobby used to play made-up games of acting in which she would often become the boy.
- According to Aliya, on her wedding day, she got bored of putting ‘mehendi’ on, though she liked the smell of mehendi as a kid.
- In May 2023, she became the first Indian to become the global brand ambassador of the Italian luxury fashion house Gucci. Vogue
I am fan of alia bhatt
I am super big fan of alia bhatt.
I love alia bhatt
I like alias all likes and dislikes she is fabulous and excellent I love her💋💋💋💋
Hi ALIA I LIKE YOUR EXPRESSION YOUR ROLL AND LIKE TO SEE YOUR MOVIE
THANKS FOR BE PART OF FLIM INDUSTRIES SO THAT HUGE FRIEND LIKE TO SEE YOUR BEST FLIM
MY BEST WISHES FOR YOUR FUTURE AIMS AND DREAMS THAT COMES TRUE
I love her eyes
From the age of 11 your crush is “Ranbir Kapoor” BTW!!! When i am in the age of 14 ‘Since’ My #crush Is #u #aliabhatt…. Love your acting, either….Beautiful looking!!!!
alia I am a huge fan of your. A contribution goes to you because of you and we are really proud of u. #the girl in magic
Alia is naturally actress I m biggest fan of alia mam
Do you love varun dhawan😊😊😊😊😊
I am a huge fan of Alia. Please keep on acting!