Alia Bhatt is a famous Indian actress who is known for her role of Shanaya Singhania in the Bollywood film Student of the Year (2012). She is one of the highest-paid Bollywood actresses. Due to her popularity and income, she appeared on the list of Celebrity 100 in Forbes India in 2014 and she also appeared on the list of 30 Under 30 in Forbes Asia. Check out Alia Bhatt Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Husband, Biography, Facts & More.
Alia was born on 15 March 1993 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She has a British-Indian nationality. Though she hails from a filmy background, she always dreamt of becoming an actress. Her dream comes true when she got the lead role in Karan Johar’s film Student of the Year. She received several awards for her performances in the Bollywood. She has worked with so many popular actors like Sidharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan, Rishi Kapoor, Randeep Hooda, Arjun Kapoor, Varun Dhawan, Ronit Roy, Riteish Deshmukh, Shahid Kapoor, Diljit Dosanjh, Ranbir Kapoor, and Shah Rukh Khan. She also works as a model and did numerous modelling assignments. Apart from all that, she has great singing skills.
Alia is known for her stunning looks. During her teenage days, she was a chubby girl and weighed around 65 kgs, but after regular exercise and strict diet plan, she makes her fit.
She is approximately 5’3’’ tall. She has black eyes and light brown hair.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She was born to filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt and actress Soni Razdan. Her father belongs to a Gujarati-Hindu family, and her mother belongs to a Kashmiri-German-Muslim family. She has an elder sister Shaheen Bhatt who is a writer by profession. She also has a half-sister Pooja Bhatt and a step-brother Rahul Bhatt, who works as a fitness trainer.
When she was in sixth class, she had an affair with Ramesh Dubey, and when she was in eighth class, she had an affair with her very close friend Ali Dadarkar. There was also a rumoured that she had an affair with popular actor Varun Dhawan. As per the reports, she is currently dating businessman Kavin Mittal.
She started dating Ranbir Kapoor during the making of Brahmastra in 2018. Moreover, she also revealed that she had a crush on him, since the age of 11.
On 14 April 2022, the couple tied the knot in an intimate ceremony at the Vastu building in Mumbai.
She did her schooling at Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai. At the age of 4, she was enrolled in Shiamak Davar’s dancing school. She made her first on-screen appearance in 1999 as a child artist in the Bollywood film Sangharsh, in which she played the role of young Preity Zinta.
In 2012, she got her first lead role as an actress in the film Student of the Year. She was signed among 400 girls who gave audition for this film. The director of this film Karan Johar offered her this role, but before that, he told her to lose her weight if she wanted to feature in this film. She was initially shocked when she heard these words from him, but she then accepted this challenge and lost around 16 kg weight in just three months. The film received positive reviews from the audience.
In 2014, she featured in a Vikas Bahl’s short film Going Home that is based on the safety of women.
She also did many other hit feature films like 2 States (2014), Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania (2014), Kapoor & Sons (2016), Dear Zindagi (2016), and Badrinath Ki Dulhania (2017).
She has also a great voice and sung several famous songs like Sooha Saha of film Highway (2014), Samjhawan Unplugged of film Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania (2014), Ikk Kudi (Club Mix) of film Udta Punjab (2016), Love You Zindagi (Club Mix) and Ae Zindagi Gale Laga Le – 2 of film Dear Zindagi (2016), and Humsafar (Alia’s version) of film Badrinath Ki Dulhania (2017). In 2022, she made her debut as a producer with the film Darlings; the film is co-produced by SRK’s Red Chillies. Filmfare
- She is a huge fan of actress Kareena Kapoor.
- She drinks alcohol occasionally.
- Alia launched her fashion label, and her products are sold on Jabong.com, an online shopping portal.
- She also founded the ecological initiative, named, CoExist.
- She took part in numerous concert tours and stage shows.
- Alia Bhatt is an Atheist by religion.
- She loves animals and is also a member of the non-profit organization People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) who raise awareness among people about homeless animals.
- She suffers from Achluophobia, fear of darkness.
- Alia has the habit to write a diary every night.
- She loves sleeping and can sleep 14 hours at a stretch.
- She hates eating hot beverages and food.
- Alia has excellent painting skills, and till date, she has made several beautiful charcoal paintings.
- She loves to make lions painting.
- Red is her favourite colour.
- While travelling by air, she gets very nervous.
- Among all of her father’s directorial films, her favourites are Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin (1991) and Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke (1993) and want to be the part of these films.
- She is very flexible. She touches her toe to head very easily and also twist her knee clockwise.
- She always uses men’s perfume instead of using female perfumes.
- She doesn’t like candlelight dinner.
- Alia Bhatt takes an interest in dancing and tries different dance forms. Her favourite dance forms are Kathak and Ballet.
- She also takes a keen interest in playing handball.
- She is addicted to curd.
- Alia is a close friend of designer Masaba Gupta and calls their girl’s gang as Spice Girls.
- She likes to eat French Fries.
- She appeared in the AIB’s short comedy video Genius of the Year.
- Alia Bhatt has been invited by music director A.R. Rahman to become part of his music school and improve her singing skills.
- She has the dream to buy a house in London.
- She also wants to do a biographical film on the late Pakistani pop singer Nazia Hassan.
- Alia didn’t want her father direct and produce her debut film.
- She endorsed numerous brands like Coca-Cola, Maybelline, and Garnier.
- For several years, she has been shooting for Indian photographer Dabboo Ratnani’s Celebrity Calendar.
- Over the nepotism row following the suicide of Sushant Singh Rajput, she lost many followers on her Instagram. She was heavily trolled for promoting nepotism in the industry along with Karan Johar and many more personalities fro the industry, including Salman Khan, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, and Ekta Kapoor. The Print